Timeless

Adventuring through twisted time.

At the birth her name was Edith Anne Coastillon, she was born into the house of Coastillon, one of the most royal families to rule the lands now known as the United Kingdom. Shortly after birth, Edith began to show signs that she could wield great magic. This magic she carried scared her parents greatly as there seemed no way they could control it.

Her parents went looking for help but what they were met with was a Coven of Witches who had heard of Edith feeling she was the child that would fulfill a great prophecy. The witches took Edith that night and raised her as a member of their coven, thus she was named Clarice Lilith De Biville.

Clarice was trained in her magic from that day forth, she passed every task that was placed in front of her as if it was nothing. The older she got the stronger she got and soon she was the leader of the coven. With ups there comes downs though, the moment Clarice thought she could own the world she met a Sorcerer, a man skilled in magic that surpassed what the Witches could show her.

The Sorcerer went by the name Prospero, the moment he set eyes on Clarice he was obsessed with the power her body seems to hold. Clarice left her coven into the arms of this man who promised to show her the world of magic none like she ever known. For years she studied with him until the days she began to surpass his own skill causing Prospero to become jealous of Clarice.

Prospero was a very controlling man and the moment Clarice began to see that for herself, he locked her away binding her hands and gagging her to stop her from using her magic, while he found a way to keep her from using her magic. He created a set of bracelets that were laced with magic to keep her from using her own, ones she could not remove herself.

Placing them around her wrist they tighten and the x shape charm on them buried itself into her flesh. The moment the bracelets were placed on her wrist it was as if she became passive, she followed every word that Prospero gave. For years she was his slave until one of her old coven members came searching for her.

When Sapphire found her, Clarice was a shell of the woman she once knew. Ripping the bracelets away knowing they were a source of magic causing the x marks on her flesh to burn as her power was restored, but not without their side effects. Sapphire became ill for she was the one to remove the bracelets, but they were able to make their escape back to the coven.

Clarice watched Sapphire die slowly as black spread from her hands into her veins, Clarice tried every way to save her that she could think of but her efforts were fruitless. As they burned Sapphire’s lifeless body Clarice looked down to the x marks on her wrists, it was the first time she had to face the death of someone close to her. It struck fear into her as that could have been her.

Clarice stayed close to the witches but far enough away from them so they could not be tied to her. She worked on many things through her lifetime but her greatest achievement was a potion for immortality. She created the immortality potion for just herself for she feared death more than anything, but taking the potion caused her to see visions of the future….

Clarice woke up that day jumping from the nightmares that were hunting. She sat up, looking around the small cabin she made herself not from the coven she had once led. She moved standing up pushing her hair off her wet forehead, The nightmares were getting stronger trying to get her to understand what was going to happen. Clarice still wasn’t understanding her dreams though. 

Clarice walked towards the window when the smell of burning flesh caught her nose causing her stomach dropped she was sure it was Prospero coming for her once again. She stormed out of her home running through the thick trees the screams of her people filled her ears and she ran into the middle of the small town they had started seeing buildings burning her eyes turned orange as she called water to her beginning to put out the fires.

Views: 449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

His sight began to tunnel in on itself the longer it took for her to return and a younger Heracles still learning to live with this pain would be writhing in it. He sat nearest the fire his men started as he could and started into the flames zoning everything out. His men knew to leave him alone when he got like this least they just get in the way when he lost it and losing it he slowly surely was. An ominous tik tokked in his mind as the seconds rolled on and he could feel the burn in his chest spread throughout his being like the flames he stared at was now inside of him liking at all his strength to stay sane. 

I shot to my feet and all my men moved out of the way, pushing and dragging people with them because they knew from experience what would happen next. I spun around slowly, her time was up and every move I made from here on out was out of my control though I fought. Yet there she was immediately cooling the wildfire my curse had lit within for letting her go. I approached on my own will and was relieved I could however I felt bad she could feel my pain. I had forgotten the cuff shared our pain so I cut her off from my feelings completely as I stood over and stared down at her. Only my eyes shift to men when she speaks of him before I subtlety signal for my men to grab him. I want to help her up but I do not, I can not so instead I turn away to watch as my men taunt and toy with the man she brought back.

A slow very wicked and satisfied smile slithers across his features as he watches the gradual torture of this man Clarice bought him begin. A bone-chilling smile that was gone the moment she was on her feet beside him. He sneered at her before turning back to his men "when we met you were helping this village put the fire out. Based on what you were wearing and that there is no other village or town nearby for you to have come from to help I assumed you lived here among the villagers. Am I wrong?" He spoke sharply trying to clarify his question she did not understand earlier. Rather than wait for her answer he just continued. "The whole world knows this land is cursed and that witches are not welcome here by the king... And his men..." He mumbles out the last part. "So my question to you earlier still stands. " Why live here? In this village? Knowing that if you were ever exposed you would die?" He looked her way and tilted his head. 

Slowly the overwhelming pain that had caused the buckle in her knee faded as she gained a sense of herself. Yet that rush of power she had been granted faded from her body as well making her feel like a heavy husk of what she once was. After a moment Clarice gained enough of her strength to bring herself to her feet. Letting out a ragged breath she rubbed her hands together to clear the dirt from them. Straightening as much as she could watching him turn his gaze from her. “Don’t worry I’m fine.” she said sarcastically towards him as she took another deep breath in yet all she felt now was hollow from her magic being stripped away once again.

She shifted to look at the man watching him get what he deserved for what he was planning to do to those women and children. Paying no attention to his eyes that could leave a burn mark in the side of her skull if he so wished it. “I lived in a coven of witches once, but you are wrong. I did not come from this village. I haven’t been around people in a long time. Most of my time before you took me away I was traveling to learn more and keep space between me and the man who once owned me before.” She said back in a flat tone. Watching him go off on her about how the land is cursed and how witches are not welcomed she gave a roll of her eyes before she looked around to the people around them.

“Mystics.” She said towards him with a sharp tone. “Witch is the term you and many others wish to force down our throats with your grandiose misunderstanding of what we are. Villages like this are created because of how shunned our kind and those who chose to love us are. When in reality kings and rich men have Mystics in their castles to heal them or give them the edge over another. We are not people, we are pawns of powers. So this land is cursed? No. We are welcome nowhere or only under the powerful when it suits them. You are really saying, don’t be yourselves, don’t gather in groups for protection, roll over and die.”

Clarice had a passion in her as she moved to him and pointed her finger into his chest and pushed on it knowing he wouldn’t move. “We live together, here and there, to try and keep safe depending on how much magical power the others among us have. Why this land? I don’t know these aren’t my people. Maybe they thought they could hide and be safe. The ignorance in your questions is clear. Fearing the unknown is all that rules the king and people in power. They rather burn what they don’t understand to the ground then bother to see the humanity that is in us. How we love, feel, and have needs. All we are boiled down to is our power and how it scares all you big strong men.” She pushed her finger harder to his chest again before backing away with an angry huff.

"Shit and here I was hoping you were not fine, Witch." His snarky reply caused his men to look among each other and hold in their snickers and chuckles because they knew their leader well enough to know when he was jesting. The fact he was jesting with Clarice was a good sign to them and they would feel more comfortable talking to and interacting with her as this progressed. Herakles crossed his arms over his chest as his men chiped away at this man's mental armour, he was in his element here and entirely comfortable. The only thing fustrating him now was their lack of understanding which ultimately killed their communitcation. She may have been talking and telling him of the mystics tale of woe but he heard not one damn thing!  

I realized she was speaking when her finger met by chest and a snarl and low growl naturally rummbled out of me. He grabbed her arm and held it harshly and saw all my men want to respond and help her. Good there was still some kindness left in them but they feared me more but before I could do anything to Clarice I heard one of my men call. 'Captian. The bastards all yours' he spoke to me but my furious gaze never left hers. I used her arm to pull her closer to me "my question was not that fucking hard to understand and it was no invitation to tell me a fucking sob story... Witch" He say before I toss her to the side and leave to toture this man.

The moment Herakles was gone two of his men rushed over to help Clarice. "And here we thought you two were getting along." One sighed out, he looked much younger than the rest of these men but with the way he practically picked Clarice up off the ground trying to help her it was clear his youthful looks were deceiving. "Please come with me. " He asks nicely and is the first person to offer her a smile outside of Ardine since she arrived. "I am Sir Elliot, everyone just calls me Eli. Some of the men and I found your cabin while securing the town and woods and I wanted to bring you while Hera was busy so you could grab anything you might have wanted." The man smiled again as he spoke so Here could not hear him.   

✧ Unwilling Captive ✧
When Hera hand gripped around her arm, she felt the bruising forming in that moment. She narrowed her gaze to him and held her face. Not showing an inch of pain even though it was coursing through her body. Like a ragdoll compared to him she was tossed aside like a piece of trash. That was all she was to him. A piece of witch trash. She meant nothing to him, the night before meant nothing. She wanted to stay there and turn into the dirt she was laying upon. He was no better than the man that held her captive in her teen years.

As the two of Hera men hauled her to her feet, in a sense of wanting to help her. She closed her eyes as she found her feet under her once again pulling her arms free. “Don’t touch me.” She hissed out to the men who were trying to be nice to her. She wanted to hurt them since she couldn’t hurt Hera and yet they were far too kind. She followed the pair to the cabin and her eyes looked around the place. She moved over to a painting that looked like her but it wasn’t. “As I have tried to explain to that Mutt. I never lived in this village. I don’t know about these lands.” Her eyes scanned over the painting realizing who painted it.

Was this the Mystic village that she was raised in? She couldn’t remember. She had never remembered her life was a blur when she was held captive by Prospero memories where messed with. “Leave this cabin now.” she said to them as she threw the painting into the fireplace. Once they were outside of the doorway the rage kicked into the Mystic and she started to destroy everything within the cabin. Screams left her sore body as she threw things around, ripping things to shreds. She crumpled to the ground as the tears rolled down her face. She sobbed till she couldn’t sob anymore.

Drying her face with a shred of fabric she moved to create a trail that would lite the cabin on fire once she walked out the door. She moved to stand and wait to be told what to do next. Looking to Sir Elliot she uttered a request. “I would like Ardine to visit me. I am not sure if you know how to get a message to her. I need to talk to her. Heracles and I will never get along. I am a hole to fill his needs and a punching bag. He hates me. I will do what I have to do to survive being a captive. Yet I will not be his friend.” She crossed her arms, flinching at the bruise upon her arm.

As Eliot walked with Clarice another knight joined a sir Nealson he quickly introduced himself with a small smile. They watched in confused silence as she wrecked the secluded cabin but dared not to say anything. Neal and Eli looked at each other when she requested Ariadne as they rubbed their necks and scratched their heads. "Well, she is a... We have not the ability to summon or relay a message to the Princess." Neal said rather awkwardly. "She did say she would check in on you regularly so she will come to you I assume." Eli cut in with a shrug. Things became quiet again as they hesitated to let her burn down the cabin, because they knew Hera would be punishing them for it and not her but eventually, Eli sighed and swallowed his fear removing his flint and spark rock from his belt and gently slipping it into Clarice's hand. He held her hand softly for a moment until her eyes met his unique gray ones. "He does not hate you, he would have killed you if he did, trust us. We have known him all our lives, before the curse set in. He treats us all the same but all of us remember the times he shows us his true self and holds onto it when the curse rules him." he spoke softly and let her hand slip from his. Eli and Neal were the kindest and youngest of Hera's men and the only ones brave enough to disobey their captain in this way. 

Smoke from the trees billowed into the sky and filled everyone's lungs. The fool Clarice brought was now a bloody pulp and as the smoke filled his lungs too it became harder for him to breathe than any one of us. I sucked my teeth and scanned around for Clarice so she could question him before he suffocated. "Of fucking course." I snarled and grabbed one of my men before dragging him to the man. "keep him fucking alive!" I snarl though I knew he would not die and he quickly props the man up to help him breathe. I rip some fabric off of one of my men and use it to whip my hands as I follow the pull of our cuff to her and of course the closer I get to her, the thicker the smoke becomes. AND OF COURSE, ELI AND NEAL ARE HERE TOO. I can hear one of the boys curse under their breath upon seeing me but they did not try to get away. I come up beside Clarice and stare at the flames after tossing the fabric I whipped my hands with into the fire. I cross my arms over my chest and signal with my head for my men to leave us. I stare at the fire without a word but not because did not want to speak but because can not. I drop my head frustrated that I was not strong enough to speak but I manage to drop my hand and gently grab her finger as I swing my hand back. I hold her pinky lightly while staring at the ground before looking back up into the flames. The moment only lasts a second as I let her finger go "The little prick you bought back is more than willing to talk now." I say with such coldness as I turn to face her before turning around to walk away but I pause and wait for her to join me as I glance over my shoulder at her. 

✧ Unwilling Captive ✧
Clarice watched the fire for a moment before giving a nod towards them. “I am sure I can find a way to reach her then.” She looked to the cuff once again being reminded how limited she was because of that Mutt that wished to do these things to her. “If any of you manage to see her before I please let her know I need to speak with her.” She was trying to keep her patients with the knights because if she was honest she wished to rampage at that moment on all of them. She had so much anger and pain growing in her chest, she refused to acknowledge the words of Eli. He wouldn’t be able to convince her that he didn’t hate her. He needed her and that was the only reason she was alive. He was no better than Prospero in her mind right now.

Her eyes stayed on the burning building, she didn’t move from there as her eyes were transfixed on the flames licking away the building that held memories she wished no other be able to find. When Hera's body took the space beside her, she took a step sideways trying to place space between them, refusing to look at him. When his hand grabbed her fingers she was quick to pull her pinky free not wishing for his touch. She then glared at him with a burning hate and anger in her gaze. The fact he thought he could touch her at all after throwing her like a rag doll was beyond her.

Clarice looked back to the fire and reached in her dress once he had stepped away. Pulling out a small scroll she tossed it in the fire. The flames grew once more before the shape of a phoenix glowed and the flames left, leaving a different cabin in its place. She moved to walk behind him back to the man. “I don’t need to talk to him.” she said looking at Hera and his man. “He was using his magic to steal children and women for the king. Who claims that magic uses are to be put to death for the coin. The king would rather r/ape the children and women than actually kill them. Isn’t that right?” She directed that towards the man.

“I am doing what I have to, to survive.” The man managed to gasp out.

“Please, that isn’t surviving. That is down right evil. I hope you are made a eunuch and forced to know what all those women and children felt before their death. You little prick.” She said as she moved back to her horse. “Do what you please with him. I do not care.” She said turning the horse to move down the trail only slightly signaling she was done with all of this.

The inevitable ticking time bomb of that perpetual sinking feeling overcame all his senses as she pulled away from him. He was not surprised but hurt and disappointed in himself for hoping she would somehow be different from everyone else except what could he expect when you toss people around like rag dolls and treat everyone even those you love like the dirt beneath your shoes? None of this showed in his face or body and though he was overwhelmed by this heavy self hating emotion he was sure to keep it locked away from her. If she was going to care it would not be because she pitied him at the moment. Besides she had every right to be infuriated with him. He used her as he had used everyone before her and just like he would everyone after until the day this curse took his life. 

My blood burned upon hearing what my father was doing to these women and children. A hot breath shot from my nose at the suggestion Clarice had given for this man's fate though the breath was not of my own volition. All my men's eyes fell on me as they lay in wait for my command to which I shrugged. "You heard her give him the witch's mark. Castrate him and throw him to the king. Let that monster have his fun." I say with a wave of my hand and turn towards Clarice sitting upon my horse. I could hear the muttering shock of my men followed by the wave of undeniable excitement at the fact I had just agreed to what Clarice recommended. 

The soft rain began to speckle down and caused a heavy sigh to deflate out of Hera as he gently took the reigns of his horse where Clarice sat. He had not bought her on her own horse and seeing as she did not even want him touching something as small as her pinky he let her keep her space. However, his horse would not move without him and if she tried he would buck her off. He began to walk and guide his horse back to the castle as his men loaded everything into their carriages and passed the two of them by. He was walking fast for a while until the rain grew harder and he knew what was next to come so he stopped. From his saddle, he loosed a cloak he had tied and climbed up to drape it over Clarice's shoulders and tossed the hood up over head. "It is going to start sleeting." his voice was uncharacteristically soft. Hopping back down he picked up his pace again to hurry to the castle. His bout of freedom was coming and it showed in small signs already. Like how he let Clarice dictate that bastard's fate, how he was letting her ride his horse alone and how he gave her his hooded cloak. The sleet fell in force shortly after and soon he was covered as he quickly trudged and guided Clarice and his horse through it. His body grew stiffer the colder his bones became and the ice and sleet were beginning to burn but again he blocked her even though his grip on that was slipping just like his curse. 

I had never been happier to see the castle as it came into view than I had at this moment. My steps quicken and we are soon greeted by a stablehand who pauses and stares deep into my eyes before smiling brightly as he takes the reigns from me. I turn and help Clarice off my horse despite her fighting me but I just let her push and slap me. Groaning faintly as the sting from her slap spreads across my cheek. I turn without retaliation or a word and head into the castle after her. Everything is all a buzz and the usually dark castle has come to life as the servants bustle about smiling and giggling with glee. One tossed me a dry cloth to wipe off the melting layer of frost still keeping me cold and I nod my silent thanks. I take a deep breath with my eyes closed as the curse continues to melt away but can not fight the nerves about how the curse will try and kill me right before it goes for my bout of freedom. 

As the sound of heavy approaching steps creeps closer Heracle's eyes fly open. He is unconscious of the fact that he has lost all control of his emotions flying threw the cuff towards Clarice enabling her to feel everything. From his pain of her wanting nothing to do with him, to the bitter cold which still burned his skin, and finally the unsettling fear of who those footfalls belonged to. Quickly he got in front of Clarice and put himself between her and those footsteps as the person they belong to came into view, The King. Heracles was very tall but somehow his father managed to be taller as he marched towards Hera and Clarice. "Where is my daughter?" he demanded to air expecting one of the servants to answer but no one had. Heracles watched his father closely and noticed his hand firmly on the sword belted at his waist. He gently blocked Clarice further keeping one hand behind him and pressing to her arm and his other on his sword. "Why do you need your sword to speak to her?" Heracles asks and it grabs the king's attention who seems appalled. "Who do you think you are speaking to me..." realization runs across the King's face as if seeing Hera for the first time in year's but his eyes slowly drift to Clarice behind him and again Hera shifts to further block her from his view. "And who is that?" the king asks with a devilish smirk. "My love." Heracles lies but his words make the king distort his face in an unreadable manner. A sharp pain suddenly shoots through Hera's heart and it takes everything in him, not to falter in front of his father.

Heart attack. The curse would be temporarily leaving but it would try to kill me with a heart attack first. That is what that pain was; I swallow the incredible pain and try to block Clarice from it when I realize I do not have the control to. "Sorry." I mumble over my shoulder to her genuinely upset I could not stop her from feeling everything I was all at once. It made me take a breath and try and sort through my turbulent emotions and feelings while keeping a close eye on my father. 'Where is Ariadne?' he hissed out returning to his original reason for being here and causing me to shrug. "Well seeing as you are walking around with a sword as you search for her I would say she is long gone. Probably off visiting mother and Tyr." I huff out and it feels good saying what I want for the first time in decades? My father grunts and growls at the thought of Aria not being around and before long storms off never giving me or Clarice another look. I drop my hand from her arm and my other from my sword as a servant eagerly walks our way. The older woman hesitates as she stares into my eyes before lovingly placing her hand on my chest. 'heart is still pure?' she says but her question is rhetoric and she quickly turns to Clarice. 'Hello, I am Faye one of the queen's old handmaids we had to change your room, my lady. Due to the weather the one you were is not suitable for this violent temperature.' she explained with a smile and gently asked to guide Clarice to her new room. Mine, except I, would not be there, I was giving it to her as it was the warmest room in the castle. Another sharp pain flew through my heart and I clutched my chest this time as Clarice followed Faye. I had to get somewhere private, so that in case this attack won I would not scare or ruin everyone's temporary freedom. 

✧ Unwilling Captive ✧
The rain came as a tear slipped from her eye, was it her emotions that caused the rain? Or was it just an act of nature? She looked up to the sky for a long moment letting the rain hit her in the face. She had expected him to climb on the horse, she expected him not to respect her. After all she was a pawn to him, and only being used. An utter fool to believe that someone could want her, she was only wanted to be used. When the horse started to move she looked down to see he was walking the horse keeping their space. She chose to look back at the sky getting lost in the cleansing feeling.

The moment came when he climbed on the horse though, feeling the clock over her she didn’t respond to him. She was being childish and giving him the cold shoulder only to feel his heat gone. She could see the castle growing closer, rather impressed with the time that Hera made before allowing her bitterness to leak back into her heart. Staying bundled up the best she could in the hooded cloak finally allowing her gaze to drop back down to where he was as they came to a stop. She went to get off the horse herself but only led to her having to push away Hera. She didn’t want his help in fact she would rather just be locked back up in the room she was to wait until the next time he demanded to use her.

The feeling of the betrayal ran through her body leading her to slap him. Yet his grip still pulled her down and she moved past him not caring to look at him, she felt slightly bad at her actions but her mind just looped back to him throwing her around like she was a piece of trash. Clarice didn’t even notice the difference in the castle. She just started towards the room that was assigned too. Unaware of what was about to hit her. She froze when, gasping out as everything he had blocked from touching her through the cuff radiated through her. She raised her hand to her chest as the king came into her gaze. Her chest felt like it was on fire as the fear from Hera raced through her, her heart pumping rapidly.

Puzzle pieces were being laid out in front of her and yet she couldn’t take them in to figure them out as Hera pain and fear were weakening her. She felt him move to hide her. The wave of him actually caring made her question the moments from earlier. When the king asked who she was she held her ground then, her eyes bore into Hera back, only to feel her brows knit together as he called her his love. She reached out then to place her hand on his back to try and support him, the pain shooting through her as the heart attack started. She felt her eyes close from the pain as she felt incredibly weak. Her breath became ragged at that moment.

Her fingers tighten against the fabric that covered his back, the sweat breaking out across her forehead as she went through the moment with him. When the king was finally gone Clarice wavered from Hera and the people that were coming over. She just nodded in the daze when she felt another sharp pain stuck through them. She glared at Hera and then moved to take hold of his hand. Realizing the link was connecting them but he had no control over it she muttered softly. “Pain is shared, pain has been felt, pain no more.” The magic shot from her into him to make the pain fade from him.

She pulled her hand away to feel the relief of not living through a heart attack with him once again. “Now I will follow you.” She said as she moved to Faye to be led to Hera’s room. A room she had been in the night they ripped it apart. She sighed and looked towards the scratch marks and moved to sit down in a chair. She found a book she cared to flip through. The candle lit and she flipped the pages but she wasn’t really reading it. In a huff she tossed the book aside and looked to the cuff. She picked at it a bit, She wanted to remove it, and run.

She hooked her finger in the bracelet and closed her eyes, ready to rip it off despite the consequences.

Who is the man behind this curse? Trapped in fear when free and foolishly pushing all who may help away. Cast into a dark room alone to rot and hope he never woke only for the curse to come creeping back in a grip so tightly he could not even think for himself. A paralyzing panic completely washed over him as Clarice reached out to touch him with the power of his death at the tips of her finger. Nothing was stopping her and no one would dare, she had her magic. The only thing binding her to this castle was him so, of course, he assumed this was it, the moment she would take back her freedom by gruesomely murdering him. He closed his eyes to accept his miserable fate, cherishing her touch one last time only to be shocked when she instead healed him. He watched Faye walk away with her because he was frozen in clear confusion; his own sister would have killed him but why did she not? 

I let some time pass but ultimately needed to go to my room and grab something. Something hidden beneath the floorboards no servant or person would know was there and I was not even sure I wanted Clarice to know of it. With a sigh, however, I made my way to my room and hesitate before I eventually knock. No answer... I huff and knock again... Maybe she is asleep? I do not want to just barge in on her though that would not be the first time it would be the first time while I have the control to do it. Gently I open the door "Clarice?" I call down the hall to let her know I am coming in and approach slowly. I frown as a catch her daring to rip the cuff off and a knot forms in the pit of my stomach one I know she can feel too because we could feel each other's emotions without any filters now. "It is not worth it being cursed." I say softly as I make my way towards the corner of my room near my fireplace. I pause as I look at the floor panel I need to lift and hesitate again before glancing over my shoulder. I am here, so I might as well; bending I lift the panel up and tug out an old sackcloth filled with my secret items and leaving the hidden compartment empty. I hug it to my chest remembering the precious items from my mother that I held dear packed within this sack. I turned and looked at Clarice before I dropped my head, I wanted to apologize for all of this but right now it was clear she wanted nothing to do with me so I headed back towards the door. "Why did you save me earlier when you could have been free of me instead?" I can not help but ask as I glance behind to look at her. "No actually do not tell me I would like to sleep with my own thoughts on why," I say quickly a practically run out the door so I can not hear her answer. 

Faye walked in as Hera made his quick childlike escape which had Faye chuckling as she entered. Her warm gaze filled as her sad smile reached her crescent eyes and in her hands was the old spell book which Clarice had found in the Queen's dressing room the night Tyr came to town. She set the book down near Clarice and gave her a knowing wink. "I am a warlock due to the Queen, I am a healer because did not know then it would not be needed," she said softly as she stepped away. "If you would like a bath we can have one bought in to the room. Or if you would like to explore the castle, Hera will remain hidden all night and the west wing has been bordered off so the King will not bother you either. Whatever you want and I will be around if you need anything." she said with a bowed nod before leaving. The night was quiet in the castle as the skeleton crew of few people awake worked into the dawn. From the kitchen an uproar of laughter and commotion echoed down the castle halls, it was Heracles and a child play fighting over who would clean the dirty dishes as the sun rose. Well, really it was Heracles washing the dishes as the girl tried and failed to push him away. 

'No fair!' she huffed out as she banged on my back and we both snickered. 'Come on I have one job!' she pants out as she gives up trying to move me and I look at her with a smile. "Go be a kid today instead. You have the day off enjoy it." I reply as I flick some of the soapy water her way. Begrudgingly she agrees and turns to leave but you could see the excitement of the prospects of play in her eyes. A look that for one second fades as her eyes grow big and she gasps and the child's fear makes me nervous because I think it is my father somehow but instead, it was Clarice. "She will not hurt you," I assure her but she teeters on her feet and mumbles her concern for me. I just pat her head and sneak her a fresh biscuit as I nudge her out and remind her to have fun rather than worry. I could not lie and tell her I would be alright because Clarice probably hated me for a good cause. I stare at her for a second once we are alone before turning my attention back to the dishes. "Are you hungry?" I say from over my shoulder without looking at her fully.  I do not wait for her to answer as I approach her and come around the table separating us that she is sitting at. "I am going to touch you." I whisper to make her aware before I slowly wrap my arms around her and grip the cuff on my wrist for her to see. "I am sorry. I am sorry for kidnapping you. I am sorry for neglecting you. I am sorry for using you. I am sorry for manhandling you." I say in her ear not speaking too loud to not spook her. "You may never forgive me but let me be the one to make this right while I can." I continue and tug on the cuff. "Just say the word and I will snap this off. You will be free our bond will be forever broken and what more can this curse do to me that my hereditary one is not already doing?" 

✧ Unwilling Captive ✧
When the knocking came upon the door she didn’t say anything, she was hurting physically, and emotionally over everything that day. Yet she was taught no one really ever cared about what your feelings were or if they hurt you. It was a dog eat dog world, and she would have to claw at everyone that hurt her. He was no different. After all he bound her to him and his stupid world when she wanted none of this. As he came in she dipped her finger under the cuff more to make a point but couldn’t bring herself to remove it. After all she knew what would happen if she did.

She only huffed at his warning before placing more space between them. She watched him over her shoulder for a moment as he pulled open the floor and pulled something out. She watched him make his way towards the door. She looked from him, keeping her answers to herself until he left.“Because I refuse to stoop to the level of my captor. You aren’t the first to hold me captive. Maybe I see something in you. Who knows maybe I am just stupid and didn’t realize that was my chance to kill you and leave.” She moved towards the window and leaned on it. She could fall to her death, though Kyan would stop her before she hit the ground. Since their lives were linked in a weird way. Yet he hadn’t come looking for her either, odd.

Faye pulled her from her thoughts as the book was sat next to her. Moving to place her hand on it she stood up to drift away from her thoughts of death. “A warlock? I wouldn’t peg you as a warlock.” she said as she opened the book and stared at the words she didn’t understand. “A healer is always needed, even if it's not in these walls. It's a good choice. Most warlocks are for a revenge fueled purpose.” She flipped the pages slowly. “A bath would be nice.” She said before lowering the book. “Faye…” she had so many questions but couldn’t care to ask them. After a while she found herself leaving the rooms since she had the chance too. She moved down the halls looking for traces of magic left behind from the Queen. If she solved the curse, then she could leave most likely. It was her best chance of escape.

Hearing the screams of the girl she moved towards the kitchen and watched from the doorway for a moment. She watched him be gentle with her and kind. A tear came to her eye. No one was ever that way with her. She watched the child run off, “Go play.” she said to the girl and formed a ball in the air and handed it to her. She was going to make her exit but she stood for a moment as her stomach betrayed her with a large growl. “Well we haven’t had anything all day.” she said moving to the table.

She became stiff at his words but she didn’t move as his movements were gentle and kind for once. She felt the tears well in her eyes as he spewed apologies that were going to be meaningless the next day. She sniffled as she moved her hand to his. This was her chance to have freedom and yet she could feel the person he really was reaching out to her. She touched the cuff. “I will never forgive you for binding me like the man who spent years r/aping me and using me. But I will do something for you. I will find a way to break the curses plaguing these halls.” She pulled back then as tears slipped over and she didn’t wish to be seen this way.

“I can’t trust you because of the curse, but moments like this, I know this must be the real you.” She sighed and she wiped the tears. “I hate you. I hate you for making me actually care.” She then looked at him but hurt was the only thing that reflected in her eyes. “I have never been treated with tenderness or care. So I don’t expect it. The dance where I deluded myself into believing that you wanted something with me, that I could push past the curse. Well I am no longer under those delusions, but I will find a way to save you.” She moved to pick up a biscuit. Her appetite gone now after the emotionally charged moment. “So no, don’t break it. I will fix you.” She said before moving towards the door once again.

The poor unfortunate soul foolishly forced to feel all of Clarice's emotions by his own doing. He never meant for his heart to get involved in fact he did all he could to keep it from being affected by her in any way but now as she wished to be saved by some other man from him, he could feel his heartache. It froze him in his tracks as he sat in his room and rummaged through the sac he just got from her room as the unfamiliar feeling reminded him of one, he was used to. The feeling of everyone choosing another because the weight of his curse had or was crushing them. It went as far back as him being a young boy and his mother leaving him and his sister with that wretched man, they wished they did not have to call father. Clarice had convinced him she was different and maybe the way she fought him messed with his head and eventually his heart making him feel... Seen? Cared for? All lies he now realized as he could clearly feel her longing for another. So, the haunting feeling of abandonment lingered in the night and would not let him sleep.

I expected her to hate me they all did and since I could feel her hate I knew her words would follow. I hurt her I could feel that and I could always feel that but there just was not anything I could do about it except give small hints and tiny acknowledgments which all seemed lost and pointless now. She had given up on me even though she said she would not, I could not blame her or hate her for lying. "The king ordered all Mystics be executed." she was walking away, leaving, I did not know what else to say to stop her in her tracks. "His command came ages ago but the curse keeps that command active because my father still wants that done."  I took a step toward her but hesitated knowing she did not want me near as I let out a heavy sigh. "That is why I kept myself from seeing those children when you told me they were there because keeping from seeing them was all I could do." I approached her then even though I know she had put this space between us and took her hands in mine. 

"And that is why I gave you that cuff because I can not hurt whoever wears its mate." his eyes lingered on the cuffs they wore a moment longer as he huffed slowly. "But you have now given me a choice; Your pity or Your freedom. One I can make for myself this one time. " he looked her in the eyes with a serious gaze. "I do not want your pity for pity is all I have ever known." in a matter of seconds the cursed cuff he wore was off his wrist and now on her. Covering her free wrist as he let her go and stepped back. A lump had slowly been forming in his throat this whole time making his breath shakey. "If you leave now, take my horse, you will clear this kingdom's land before evening and when the sun rises in the morning the cuffs can be removed. " He looked away and at literally anything in the kitchen but her. "What is this curse on top of my other? Nothing really." He walked away before he could be stopped slipping into the dark of one of the few secret pathways only he knew all to avoid her. 

I was now the liar as this curse from the cuff would hurt me worse now that I accepted my heart was involved. I told her when I first put the cuff on her I did not know what the curse was but I did. Its breaker would forever be forced to feel everything about the person they shared the cuff with. Where I could only feel her emotions before, now I could feel it all; physical pain or pleasure, every emotion still but also anytime someone else touched her. Torturing me when she inevitably chose someone else to fight for or save or not. I lamented over these thoughts for so long I did not even realize I had wandered into my mother's garden until the cold air began nipping at my skin. I blinked and looked around at all the dead plants save one which had been cared for recently. I examined the flower gently blooming in the cold harsh environment knowing Clarice had been here to give it love because only she had that type of magic here. 

✧ Unwilling Captive ✧

“That isn’t true, you have hurt me with the cuff. Throw me around like a rag doll, turn your anger on me.” She could still feel the ache in her back from the rock she connected with. Though panic filled her eyes in the moment as the cuff wrapped around her free wrist. Yet the panic washed away as he explained that it was the way of him to give her freedom. She could feel the magic swirl inside of her, she had felt so weak for so long that she forgot how much magic she truly had. When it came to Hera nothing he did made any kind of sense to Clarice. He spoke in riddles, and brooded expecting her to read his mind. With a sigh she watched him walk away from her.

She just wanted to understand, she wanted to know why she cared so much about someone who had barely shown any kind of kindness till this night. Her fingers traced along the cuff softly before she pulled her shoulders straight and looked around the kitchen. She had her magic, she could use it to find what was needed. Their mother had to leave clues behind, right? She needed to free Hera, she needed to see what the real him was like to make her choice. With that Clarice closed her eyes as she held her hands out palms up and the tethers trickled out of her palms. “Go forth and lead me to the clues that I need to understand.” Little orbs took off from her hand and multiplied going off in different directions. She gave a faint smile as one of them landed in front of her.

Leaning down she pressed her hand to the floor, trailing her fingers along the stone, one felt off. With her magic she pulled the stone free and found a glass bottle with a note wrapped up inside of it. Removing it from its spot she placed the stone back and started to follow one of the orbs as it led her to the garden, that was where she had felt the most magic one of her days wondering. Each step she took with caution as she would never know what was around the corner. Even if it was meant to be a night of freedom for them. Entering the garden the icy wind caressed her face. A tear formed in her eyes from how chilled the wind was. She tilted her head down to watch the orb that floated just in front of her towards where the flower was. As she drew closer she pulled her head up. Her eyes landed on Hera as the flower danced in the breeze.

Moving over towards him, she tried to keep her head up high and she moved to stand beside him. Mainly focusing on keeping her teeth from chattering together. The cold was the worst she had ever felt, her toes felt like they were going to fall off then and there. Without a word Clarice lowered her body onto the patch of frozen dirt. Pressing her hand against the frozen ground she could feel there was something deep within the earth. Yet she wasn’t sure magic would pull it up. It seemed to be grounded deep, where no one was ever meant to find it. Yet she had to try, focusing her gaze where her hand was pressed and her eyes glowed brightly. Another breeze kissing her flesh once again causing the Mystic to shutter, losing focus.

“Dammit.” she muttered her fingers turning red from the cold. Trying to focus her magic once again, but nature had other plans it seemed. As a snow storm started to kick up. She focused all her energy into trying to loosen what was buried there. She felt the snow slapping her in the face as she tired. Her fingers slowly turned purple from the coldness of the ground. Her face was frost covered. “Come on!” she screamed at the ground, determined to die in the cold if it meant freeing him from the curse or finding a single clue about it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Chosen Citizen

Citizen of the Realm Nyx
vote for April

Chat Rules

⚜ Use {{ or [[ when speaking OOC.

⚜ Do not interrupt roleplays.

⚜ Respect one another or be banned. Simple. Easy to remember.

© 2024   Created by Libelle "Onyx" Ryoko - Council.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service